Friday, April 3, 2009

Angie Harmon Defends Palins' Daughter

Model-Actress Angie Harmon Defends Bristol Palin's Pregnancy, Says GOP Is More Understanding


Angie Harmon: A beautiful woman -- and an even more beautiful human being

[Note: On my other blog I've written perhaps my most important column ever. I hope you'll read it -- and give your comments if you wish. It's called: What Caused the Economic Collapse?
Here's an excerpt: People like Barack Obama, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, and Maxine Waters weren't the primary causes of the financial collapse, but by their inaction and greed they certainly played major roles. They provided little or no oversight on firms who were basically bankrolling their political careers. What role did Sarah Palin play in the financial collapse? Unlike Obama, she played NO role.]

Following is the article about Angie Harmon:
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
By Hollie McKay

Angie Harmon Defends Bristol Palin's Pregnancy, Says Republicans Are Much More Understanding

On Monday, Pop Tarts reported *Angie Harmon’s frustration at being considered "racist" simply because she doesn’t agree with what President Obama is doing and her admiration for Gov. Sarah Palin (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511470,00.html)

In part two of our exclusive interview the actress/model defended *Bristol Palin* for having a child out of wedlock at such a tender age."I think one of the greatest things about the Republican Party is the understanding, we don’t point fingers and we have class. Lets keep in mind here, how old is she, 17? I don’t care what anybody says, this person is still a young person and okay she's got a big situation on her hands but for anyone to sit there and make fun of her or judge her is just cruel and wrong," Harmon said.

"She is in a position that any girl could be in: is this guy marrying me because he loves me and wants to be with me? To be in my life and our child's life? This is a big deal; we're getting married at 17! Nowadays, those don’t last. So if everyone could just get off her and let her live her life and do it in a way that she thinks is best, I'm all for it. I really am. She has my support 100 percent, she's a sweetheart. I've got three daughters and I'm going to stand up for them and support them in whatever they want to do."

Harmon also admitted that she’s probably (unknowingly) lost jobs over her political views, and is pretty disillusioned over why so many Americans are not open to freedom of opinion."It's not like anyone has come up to my face and been like ‘I'm not hiring you because you're a Republican!’ But the media is so liberal and I get it, but I’m just confused on where we lost the respect for our fellow Americans. Not all of us are supposed to believe the same things and think the same way," she added.

"I think the difference between the parties is, with the Democrats you can sit down with them and have a 15 minute conversation and if you’re not believing everything they say and buying into what they’re selling you, it is like you’re some dumb hick who doesn't deserve to live here anymore. But with the Republicans, it is like okay I want to know what you know, you want to know what I know, okay great lets go have a beer after work, we're still friends. I’m just confused as to where we lost that in America because it is everyone’s God-given right to think the way they think and that's fine. That's why our ancestors came here to America, to believe what they want, pray how they want and follow a religion with whoever they want."

And in the Democratic-driven heat of Hollywood, Ms. Harmon has definitely taken a risk in voicing her views."Look we haven’t been shot yet! We're still alive! We've said the word "Republican" like four times and we're still alive! Can you believe it?" Harmon joked.

Steve add: Support from well-known people like Angie Harmon is critical in the effort to get Sarah Palin -- and other good people -- elected to high office. It's a great sign that people like Harmon, Dennis Miller, Elizabeth Hasselbach, and others are courageous enough to speak out for American values.

No comments: