Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Republicans: Stop Alienating Key Voters

What's necessary for Republicans to win in 2010 and 2012? Simply put, we need to STOP ALIENATING LARGE VOTING BLOCS -- Blacks, Hispanics, young people, gays, and women (especially single-women living in larger urban and suburban areas).

If we send a message to voters that we want to be "the morality police," they're going to proclaim, "No thanks!" They don't want us to be intrusive forces in their lives. (In the column below, you can read about a new site, "The 80% Solution," designed to help us -- Republicans -- put ourselves more in line with what 21st century voters want from their government. Please take a quick trip to our new web site: http://the80percentsolution.typepad.com/the_80_solution/ Comments there are always welcome.

[Note: On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I'll have additional columns here regarding Gov. Palin's inexorable drive to become the nation's first female President.]

Last weekend on my other site I offered a partial solution (an achievable one) the health care crisis. My approach on healthcare ultimately will cost trillions of dollars less than Obama's. It will also lead to better treatment for patients.

On my blogs, I avoid the "outrage of the day" approach favored by many web sites. Instead, my focus is on what's really going on in American politics. In other words, I concentrate on substance -- on viable ideas -- rather than rumors, fluff, and warmed over "headlines." My solution on health care is not something stolen from the WSJ or USA TODAY.

Overall, I want to offer you something on these blogs that you won't find anywhere else. (Tomorrow -- Wednesday -- on http://stevemaloneygop.blogspot.com/, I'll be offering solutions to the "education crisis." Sadly, Obama's solution is to spend lots more money without producing better outcomes. My solution is to spend less money but to produce striking, positive results. Please come back.)

About a new blog site: Those people who think that winning elections somehow displays a lack of "principle" will be agitated by an important new blog site: "The 80% Solution." Groups that consistently lose elections soon find their principles have become politically irrelevant.

If you scroll down, you'll find a short excerpt from the first column, which I hope you'll visit often.

No comments: