Monday, February 23, 2009

Is Sarah "The Real Deal?"

IF YOU'D LIKE TO SUPPORT SARAH PALIN AND HER FAMILY IN AFFIRMING THE VALUE OF ALL HUMAN LIFE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE REVOLVING IMAGE TO YOUR RIGHT. THANKS . . . AND GOD BLESS YOU AND THE PALINS.

What makes Sarah run? Many things . . . Once Sarah said she would "run over" to her aunt's. The distance was 12 miles each way, and she finished the run in good time.


A TeamSarah friend asked me if Sarah Palin is "the real deal" -- or is she another one of those political disappointments that come along with depressing regularity? Also, what makes me believe she'd be a great President? Here's my answer:

I've read a lot about Sarah (pro and con) and been an observer of her for nearly two years. I believe she is most authentic -- the most real -- elected official I've ever encountered, which is saying a lot. Will you, or I, or anyone agree with her on every detail of every issue? I doubt that any two human being would fit that ideal.

People following Jesus generally either disagreed (remember what the rich man did when Christ asked him to sell all his goods and give the money to the poor?) or disappointed him (e.g., Peter).

I believe that, because of her character, values, and love of country, Sarah would make a great President. She has talked about the need for a real leader to "have a servant's heart." She does. I suggested that Sarah's campaign slogan should be, "Sarah . .. she's one of us."

Remember St. Paul's statement: "For all have sinned, all have fallen short of the glory of God." In her statement about the servant's heart, Sarah made the point that she's not perfect. No human being is, but she is truly a remarkable woman.

That's the main reason so many on the Left hate her. She's a threat to Obama's assumption that he will be re-elected. Maybe he will be, but I have a hunch that Sarah will win in 2012.

"She's one of us." Everyone, including our spouses and our children, disappoint us at some point, and I don't ask that Sarah act as if she were already an angel in heaven. Heck, we sometimes disappoint ourselves. But Sarah hasn't disappointed me yet.

No comments: