Monday, December 8, 2008

Treat Palin Critics With Contempt

Hi All: From now until Christmas, I'll be a relatively inactive member of the Steering Committee. After that, I'll be extremely active. I need to get my mailing lists and blogs in order. Between now and the first of the New Year, this blog will have occasional re-posts from my other one: http://draftpalin2012.blogspot.com. After Jan. 1, I'll be posting 5-6 times per week on that blog and this one.

One of the questions that comes up is how much time we should spend "debating" with anti-Palin people. I believe we should spend ZERO TIME doing so. That doesn't mean we shouldn't answer questions posed in good faith, but we shouldn't devote any time or energy with individuals who buy into the MSM's anti-Sarah views.

For many months, I've had a "friend" in suburban Philadelphia who has expressed her concerns that Sarah would not be "viable" in 2012 (or, perhaps, ever), that "intelligent Republicans" did not favor Sarah, or that a certain "Irish Catholic" friend of hers didn't approve of Sarah. This particular woman lives in one of the counties that voted for Obama. (In fact, 57 PA counties out of 67 voted for McCain-Palin.)


My response to the suburban Philly woman is below. Basically, I told her I wanted nothing more to do with her in this lieftime. I believe Sarah Palin will be the next President of the U.S., and that she will be a great one. I have no interest in encouraging -- or even humoring -- those who believe otherwise."I think it's best that go in peace in our separate directions.

I do agree that Gov. Palin has nothing in common with the "values" (whatever they may be) of Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware counties [all of which went for Obama], let alone of Philadelphia County. Over the next four years, I don't intend to spend five minutes of my time debating with critics of Gov. Palin, most of them drive by pure malice and misogyny. I believe all Republican resources -- every penny and every minute -- should be spent in and on the 57 PA counties that voted for McCain-Palin."

Frankly, the Obama Campaign is one that focuses almost entirely on lies and hate-mongering. Those of us who support Sarah are going to have to fight fire-with-fire, to show a kind of political ferocity that may not come naturally to many of us. Those voters who dislike Gov. Palin will find kindred souls at The Daily Kos and Moveon.org, groups dedicated to spreading lies about Sarah.

2 comments:

robert verdi said...

I agree, or just ignore them.

Laura Lee - Grace Explosion said...

I agree that there is no point in spending any time on people who are malicious and spiteful. All they want to do is drain energy.

And I like what you wrote upon here too, that people who don't like Sarah Palin also dislike decent normal American people.

I think we should circle the wagons to great extent and build our own energy. People will be drawn to our own positive energy about Sarah. She will have a much better showing in the future because she will not be in a "one down" VP role. She'll be running for her own office. She'll have more time for better interviews plus time to prepare for matters she may need to discuss.

Grace.